Month: June 2018
3. All entrants must be SA, USA, UK or European residents.
4. Only one entry per person will be accepted.
5. Winners will be notified by phone, e-mail or post and their first name will be published on the MB Publishers website.
6. The closing date is as specified in each competition, and MB Publishes reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
7. The judges’ decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. You can find out who has won a competition after the closing date by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘List of winners’ and the name of the competition you are enquiring about in the subject line.
9. By entering the competition, the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and publicity material as MB Publishers may require.
10. The prize may not be transferable to another person.
11. Where a competition is open to all age groups, MB Publishers assumes that by entering the competition and if you are under 18, that your parents have consented to your entry into the competition and these Rules. If a competition is only open to a certain age group (e.g. 18 and over), this will be set out in the competition Notice and Into Film assumes that by entering the competition (and you warrant that) you are the appropriate age to enter the competition.
12. No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
13. If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
14. Photocopied, incomplete, defaced, damaged or incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
15. Responsibility will not be accepted for loss of any entries.
17. MB Publishers reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. MB Publishers may also create rules which will apply to a specific competition only. If we do this we will publish the amended competition rules and/or specific competition rules on the relevant competition page.
18. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the competition, MB Publishers at its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
19. MB Publishers reserves the right to disqualify any entrant it has reasonable grounds to believe has breached any of the rules of the competition.
‘My Manuscript Upload’ Terms and Conditions
You represent, warrant and agree that:
1. You are the owner of all the rights in the content
2. No content submitted by you will:
– be defamatory, abusive or offensive; infringe the copyright, moral right, performing rights, rights of privacy, trade mark or other proprietary right of any third party; constitute a misuse of any confidential information of a third party
– advertise, promote or endorse any products or services
– adversely affect the reputation of MB Publishers; be false or misleading; omit information that should be disclosed by you; contain software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to affect the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment
3) You will make sure that any necessary consent, waiver, clearance, licence or approval required for MB Publishers to make use of the content has been obtained and that any fees or payments relating thereto have been paid; and you have not entered into, nor will you enter into, any agreement or arrangement which could conflict with your obligations to MB Publishers under these terms and conditions.
You hereby indemnify MB Publishers against any claims arising out of or in connection to any content, including but not limited to a claim arising out of or in connection to a breach of any of the warranties set out above.
By entering the competition, you agree to be named in the media and to participate in press and promotional activities generated by MB Publishers.
MB Publishers cannot take responsibility for any loss or damage to content or such content’s delivery materials, so you will be sending your delivery materials at your own risk.
In consideration of MB Publishers permitting you to submit your content and enter the Competition, you grant to MB Publishers, from the date of submission of your entry, a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sub-licensable right and licence in perpetuity to: use, host, reproduce, edit, publish, distribute, transmit and otherwise make use of the content or part thereof in any and all media and means of distribution now known or hereafter devised, including but not limited to cinemas, linear television, television video on demand, multimedia distribution systems, the internet and mobile applications – use any trade marks, service marks or trade names (e.g. brand names, logos) incorporated in the content; and use the name and likeness of any individuals represented in the content.
In addition, you agree to waive all so-called “moral rights” to the content. (This is so we can, for example, showcase excerpts of your film alongside excerpts of other filmmakers’ entries for promotions at a later date). You undertake to execute, or ensure the execution of, whatever further documents MB Publishers requires from time to time for the purpose of giving MB Publishers the full benefit of this licence if your Novel is selected for the shortlist.
Important: If you fail to produce the appropriate documentation upon request, your novel will be removed from the MB Publishers website and any MB Publishers competitions it has been entered into.